Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What is Silvervine? :)


It comes in a box...
 
The silvervine are individually sealed
I had seen a small box of "silvervine powder" at the pet section of a Japanese shop but never thought much of it until I saw a video of Maru having fun with a silvervine stick.
Watch Maru : Maru and Silvervine Stick

It's Asia's version of catnip and popular in Japan.  You can read a little more about it here : What is Silvervine (Actinidia Polygama).  Some say it's even more potent than catnip!

Ling : I don't know what it is, but it makes me C-R-A-Z-Y!
I'm not sure if you can get silvervine outside of Asia but perhaps you could try the pet section of a Japanese specialty store?

5 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Thanks for telling us, we'll sure be on the look out for it!

Admiral Hestorb said...

Thank you so much. I will absolutely try to get it. Mommy and I are intrigued.

Kisses to Boomarang.

Gattina said...

Very interesting, I think it doesn't exist here in Belgium, never seen it !

Hannah and Lucy said...

We'd never heard of Silvervine - we'll get mum to look when she goes to the store.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Admiral Hestorb said...

Fanks you so much for the sympathy, Boomerang. It was terriblr..and your headbonks help a LOT!
xoxox