Sorry for having been so quiet lately. Mommy has been to and fro the vet since Sunday. Thankfully, NONE of us were dragged along. We'll let Mommy explain.
Mommy here :
Long story short, I have been spending a lot of time with my friend at the vet, keeping vigil over her cat who was in very bad condition with suspected poisoning since Saturday. Sadly, despite the best efforts, the cat passed away today, Tuesday evening. We were with him right till the end.
Till today, we have no idea what poison he could have ingested and how. He was a stray cat that appeared in my friend's life about a month ago. She had him neutered and was about to get him vaccinated before bringing him indoors to join her cat family. Then this happened.
We do not know if he was intentionally poisoned by people who are not tolerant of animals but I have some things to say to people who think that poison is the way to "get rid of the problem". Poisoning is a terrible way to end a life. Especially a life of an innocent animal who does not know he's not allowed on your car or that the grass in your garden is different from the grass outside where he does his potty or for just being born a rat. There are humane ways of keeping them away instead of resorting to poison or pesticides or weedkillers. The suffering the animal has to go through after being poisoned is just plain awful. And death is not instant. It takes days....days of pain and endless suffering. Please. No animal INTENTIONALLY does things to annoy humans. Just shoo them away if they do things you do not like. As for rats, well, keep drains clean and garbage in properly closed cans. I could go on and on but I shall stop here.
Run free, Bosco, and fear no pain or suffering because the Rainbow Bridge has none of that.
We will be back to regular posting and commenting tomorrow, Wednesday. Thank you for letting me vent.